- A large and diverse population
- With the population having a rich background, different from western regions, it can help to give fruitful results for many research and studies. The researchers can face new challenges and learnings as they come across a group of new participants.
- A wide spectrum of diseases
- As Africa is the biggest continent in the world, it comes with a wide range of diseases and sicknesses that might be different compared to other regions.
- Underrepresented in cancer research
- As we have more participants from Africa in clinical trials, it provides more innovation and therapies for cancer research. You never know, we might even figure out the cure for it
- More advancement in economic development
- As we see more development of economic advances in different parts of Africa, we realize that they have the resources needed for conducting clinical trials. This might not apply to all of the areas, but for the majority, it could be valid.
- Give more access to health care options
- If there are more clinical trials performed, there will be more treatments available for the people of Africa.
Why do we need more diversity in Clinical Trials?
Article By Aleena Maryal IN Clinical Trials - 16th March, 2022
Find more articles like this under the Clinical Trials Category.